A Moving Guide by Flexi Removals
We all know that moving house can be a stressful experience. It’s important to be as organised as possible, but in all the chaos, that’s easier said than done! To help you, we at Flexi Removals have put our heads together to come up with a guide to help you when moving house.
- The first thing you’ll need to know is who to tell that you’re moving. As tedious as this sounds, it’s very important. The most important are banks, insurance companies, credit and store cards and loan providers. It’s also important to remember to reroute your mail.
- Moving house is the perfect time to have a fresh start and dispose of some of that clutter. This will also reduce the price of your removal as the removal will have less to move! Start well in advance to give you time to decide what you want to take with you. Your local council will have facilities to dispose of your unwanted items.
- Separate your important documents such as essential paperwork, passports and birth certificates. Keep them in a box of their own for easy access.
- Give yourself plenty of time to pack the house. You can take a look at our Packing up a House blog for handy tips and tricks that could save you time and money. Here at Flexi Removals, we offer a packing service and packing materials so you can focus on other jobs.
- If you decide to pack the items yourself, be sure to label each box. This will help you when unpacking but also it will tell the removal team where to put each box. Label each box as fragile that needs to be handled with care.
- If you are going to dismantle furniture, ensure it is done before the removal. Use resealable bags to put bolts and screws in. Keep all the bolts for one item in one bag and label them so you know which piece of furniture they’re for.
- We always recommend having a survey of your house for the removal. Flexi Removals will always send a porter to your property well in advance of the removal to fill out a survey sheet, look at items that may need dismantling and check the access and exit points of the house. This helps Flexi Removals to come up with a flawless plan to ensure your removal goes smoothly.
- Some companies will charge extra for the insurance of your items while in transit. Flexi Removals are fully insured to move your items and will not charge any extra for insurance.
- Lastly, have a check of all the rooms in your house. It’s surprising how often small items are left behind.